What a beautiful day outside here. 50 degrees and sunny. The Holiday Season is here and I am so excited, it takes everything I have to wait until the day after Thanksgiving to put all my Christmas stuff up. I am really excited in the next few weeks to do lots of baking. Today was a great day, we were done cooking by 1pm. Hope you enjoy today's menu.
Wonton Soup ~
* 1/2 pound boneless pork loin, coarsely chopped
* 2 ounces peeled shrimp, finely chopped
* 1 teaspoon brown sugar
* 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine
* 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
* 1 teaspoon finely chopped green onion
* 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger root
* 24 (3.5 inch square) wonton wrappers
* 3 cups chicken stock
* 1/8 cup finely chopped green onion
1. In a large bowl, combine pork, shrimp, sugar, wine, soy sauce, 1 teaspoon chopped green onion and ginger. Blend well, and let stand for 25 to 30 minutes.
2. Place about one teaspoon of the filling at the center of each wonton skin. Moisten all 4 edges of wonton wrapper with water, then pull the top corner down to the bottom, folding the wrapper over the filling to make a triangle. Press edges firmly to make a seal. Bring left and right corners together above the filling. Overlap the tips of these corners, moisten with water and press together. Continue until all wrappers are used.
3. FOR SOUP: Bring the chicken stock to a rolling boil. Drop wontons in, and cook for 5 minutes. Garnish with chopped green onion, and serve.
Chicken - Parmesan Bundles ~
What You Need
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
1-1/4 cups KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese, divided
6 Tbsp. KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
6 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 lb.), pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
10 RITZ Crackers, crushed (about 1/2 cup)
1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce, heated
HEAT oven to 375ºF.
MIX cream cheese, spinach, 1 cup mozzarella and 3 Tbsp. Parmesan until well blended; spread onto chicken breasts. Starting at one short end of each breast, roll up chicken tightly. Secure with wooden toothpicks, if desired.
BEAT egg in shallow dish. Mix remaining Parmesan and cracker crumbs in separate shallow dish. Dip chicken in egg, then roll in crumb mixture to evenly coat. Place, seam-sides down, in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
BAKE 30 min. or until chicken is done (165ºF). Remove and discard toothpicks, if using. Serve chicken topped with spaghetti sauce and remaining mozzarella.
Skinny Turkey Cuban Sandwich ~
Servings: 1 • Serving Size: 1 sandwich • Calories: 321 • Points: 7 pts
* 1 6" slice French Bread (fat free)
* 3 oz left over turkey breast, heated
* 1 slice of ham
* 2 thin slices of Alpine Lace Swiss cheese
* 3 slices of pickles
* Pam cooking spray
Slice the bread open. Spread mustard on both sides. Place cheese and pickles on the bread. Add turkey and top with ham. Close your sandwich, spray the sandwich press with buttered flavored Pam and press down until the cheese is melted and the crust is a little crispy. Cut the sandwich on the diagonal and enjoy!
Ham and Split Pea Soup ~
bag of split peas
Place all ingredients into a crock pot and turn on high ~ cook until done.
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies ~
Just follow the directions on the back of the chocolate chip bag and add some
They are so yummy!
Next week we will be back as normal but the week after that watch out ~ we will be baking cookies, pumpkin roll and all sorts of other goodies just in time for Thanksgiving.