What a long holiday weekend it was! So lets get right to it ~
Heavenly Creamy Clam Chowder ~
* 3 (6.5 ounce) cans minced clams
* 1 cup minced onion
* 1 cup diced celery
* 2 cups cubed potatoes
* 1 cup diced carrots
* 3/4 cup butter
* 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 quart half-and-half cream
* 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
* 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
* ground black pepper to taste
1. Drain juice from clams into a large skillet over the onions, celery, potatoes and carrots. Add water to cover, and cook over medium heat until tender.
2. Meanwhile, in a large, heavy saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth. Whisk in cream and stir constantly until thick and smooth. Stir in vegetables and clam juice. Heat through, but do not boil.
3. Stir in clams just before serving. If they cook too much they get tough. When clams are heated through, stir in vinegar, and season with salt and pepper.
Warm Goat Cheese Sandwiches ~
* 1 (5 ounce) goat cheese, softened
* 1/2 cup basil pesto
* 3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, softened and chopped
* 2 pita breads, cut in half
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Open the pita bread halves up into pockets. Spread goat cheese onto one side of the inside of each pita pocket. Spread a layer of pesto over the goat cheese. Sprinkle with sun-dried tomatoes. Place pita halves onto a baking sheet.
3. Bake for 3 to 5 minutes in the preheated oven, just until the filling is warm, and the bread is lightly toasted.
Baked Scallops Gratin ~
Ingredients (serves 4 as appetizer):
2 tbsp olive oil
1 lb (450 g) bay scallops, patted dry
3 large cloves of garlic, minced
2 tbsp minced fresh parsley
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp salt
freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1 tbsp unsalted butter, cubed
Preheat the oven to 425ºF (220ºC). Lightly spray the gratin dish with cooking spray.
In a bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, parsley, lemon juice, bay scallops. Season with salt and pepper.
Using a slotted spoon place the scallops into the gratin dish, top with the breadcrumbs and the butter.
Bake 10-12 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown and sizzling, and the scallops are just barely done. For a crispier top, turn on the broiler for the last 1-2 minutes.
Remove from oven. Serve immediately with baguettes slices and some lemon wedges.
Pot Roast ~
Place all in crock pot on low for 8 hours ~ and eat :)
Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes:
If you need the recipe please contact us ~ Most people know how to make it :)