Monday, October 4, 2010
54 GLORIOUS degrees outside today ~ Welcome Fall! Oh my goodness today we had a plan to make only 4 items, well I do not know what happened but we made a bit more. Cooking with the oven on and the windows cracked was so nice. Hope you enjoy these recipes as much as we do.
* 1/2 pound ground beef
* 1/2 cup ketchup
* 2 tablespoons water
* 1 tablespoon brown sugar
* 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 2 hamburger buns, split
1. In a saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, water, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes. Serve on buns.
* 1 cup chicken broth
* 2 medium slices onion
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 2 cups milk
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 pound cooked and cubed lobster meat
* 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
1. In a small frying pan place 1/4 cup chicken stock and the onion. Cook over a low heat for 5 to 7 minutes.
2. In a medium size pot over medium heat melt the butter. Slowly whisk in flour. Whisk until a creamy mixture is created.
3. Gradually pour in stock, whisking constantly. Whisk in milk, salt, onion, lobster meat, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper. Heat until soup is almost boiling. Do not boil the soup as the milk will curdle when boiled.
VANISHING OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES
* 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 6 tablespoons butter, softened
* 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
* 1/2 cup granulated sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
* 3 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
* 1 cup raisins
Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Add oats and raisins; mix well.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
* Prep Time: 20 min
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3 bananas mashed
5 TBSP sour milk
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
Combine all ingredients in mixer
bake at 350 degrees for 45min to 1 hour
* makes 2 loafs
TERIYAKI CHICKEN SKEWERS
4 chicken breast cut into tenders
( or you could buy chicken tenders )
1 cup teriyaki marinade
package of wooden/medal skewers
cut chicken into tenderloins ( I usually let it sit in the marinade overnight before I skewer them )
skewer 1 to 2 tenderloins of chicken on skewer
Grill till done.
STUFFED PORTABELLOS MUSHROOMS
4 large portabello mushrooms
1 package chorizo sausage
1 block of pepper jack cheese
Remove stems of mushrooms and place browned chorizo on top of the portobella
top with shredded pepper jack cheese
place in oven to melt cheese and E N J O Y !
This recipe will melt your taste buds ~ it is so delicious.
We also made our "usual" sandwich for lunch today ~ the recipe is in one of our older posts. Also made cabbage and noodles , I believe that is also in a older post.
Again ~ if you have any ideas for us we are open to suggestions.
Happy Fall to ya'll!